Pages

02 May 2012

Button Shirts

I bought a bag of mixed buttons to do the tree shirt that Becced pointed out on Pinterest. I cut the tree shape from some old pants, did zigzag sewing around the edges (after first using straight stitch to hold it in place), and then sewed on as many buttons as I could before school pick up time. Kids are fascinated with the buttons on this one.

Seeing as I still had the rest of the bag of buttons and another plain t-shirt, I decided to do a fish. I sketched fish shapes on plain paper until I was happy with it, then used it as a template to cut out the fabric. Again I straight stitched and then zigzag stitched the fish in place. Finally I sewed on some blue buttons for bubbles, and one for an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...