The other day the kids wanted to make some dolls to act out some stories using the story box Miss 3 and I had made. We made toilet paper roll dolls, and I thought I'd share how I made their very quick and very easy dresses.
1. Cut a strip of paper from an A4 sheet, the full length of the sheet, and about 10cm wide.
2. Fold it in half.
3. Cut a small slit at one end, about the width you'd like the dolls arm to be.
4. Fold the paper below the cut over, making a triangle, and sticky tape in place.
5. Slip the toilet paper roll into the dress to measure how far to make the arm cut on the opposite side, and then cut it.
6. Fold the lower corner over and sticky tape it in place, in the same way as before.
7. Cut a small scoop for a neckline.
8. Put the dress on the toilet roll, and draw a face on.
Mr 5 thought they needed legs too.